||In 1942, It Pays to Be Ignorant premiered on WOR-Mutual.
- A host (various actors played the role)
- A guest to answer the questions (played by famous actors and actresses)
- The brainchild of Bob Howell. Tired of the "high-brow" quiz shows on the radio (i.e. Information, Please and Dr. I.Q.), Howell thought a spoof was in order. Using common questions that anyone could answer, the idea was that the guests would fumble around, go off on wild tangents, and do anything but actually answer the ridiculous questions.
Hosts or Guests:
- Lulu McConnell
- George Shelton
- Harry McNaughton
Writers or Producers:
- Bob Howell - created the show to spoof other quiz programs. After pitching the idea at several stations, he could find no takers. But, after marrying Ruth Howard, he found an interested party in her father--former Vaudevillian, Tom Howard. They pitched the show and it was picked up
Networks or stations:
Total shows or length of production:
- Premiered June 25, 1942
- Last episode aired in 1951